Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Relief

We are all starting to feel much better.  I could get off the couch for a reasonable amount of time today and we all felt hungry and were actually able to hold some food down.  Things I learned about the entire family being sick:

  • It sure would be nice to have family around to take the kids when we get sick.  Where’s a grandparent when we need them??
  • Monsters, Inc. is a very scary movie for 2 yr olds.
  • Vitamin C and breastmilk really do boost the immune system.  When Charlotte got sick on Saturday I started loading up on vitamin C.  The only thing Cooper could keep down was breastmilk and it seemed very comforting to him so I’ve been nursing like crazy the last few days with him (he was down to nursing twice a day, but has been nursing 6-8x a day over the last few days).  Both of us got the more mild case of this flu (still awful, so I can’t imagine how bad the full blown was for Chris and Charlotte), while Chris and Charlotte still haven’t quite recovered.
  • The experiences of morning sickness in the first trimester of pregnancy and taking care of a newborn while recovering from childbirth gives a whole new perspective on what you are able to accomplish while being so, so sick.
  • Men are babies.

2 comments:

Elsha said...

First of all, YES, men ARE babies.

Secondly, it's so funny that you mention Monsters Inc being scary for 2 year olds, because Kalena LOVES it. I turned it on for her one morning after the baby was up all night and now she wants it EVERY DAY. Seriously, no other movie will do.

Niffer said...

I haven't tried Monsters Inc for that reason, but when Ellie and Addie were sick, we discovered that Shrek is great. So is Ella enchanted.