I think I've mentioned before that Cooper's favorite book is Where the Wild Things Are. My friend Jessica threw me a baby shower and asked everyone to bring a book for Cooper. She gave me Where the Wild Things Are.
It is such a great story and the illustrations are really fantastic. I'm glad Cooper chose this book to be his favorite. On maternity leave I put him to sleep since I still nurse him. This means I've read that book every day, twice a day. In the last week Cooper has started to 'act out' the book and it is quite amazing.
Me: The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind...and another
Cooper: Daw? Agh, agh! (Dog? Woof, Woof! as he points to the dog on the page that Max is chasing.)
Me: (read a few pages) When he came to the place where the wild things are, they roared their terrible roars
Cooper: Daw! Agh, Agh! (Calling the wild thing a dog and 'roaring' at it)
Me: And gnashed their terrible teeth
Cooper: ::Bares his teeth, and clanks them together::
Me: And rolls their terrible eyes, and shows their terrible claws
Cooper: ::Makes his hand into claws::
Me: (read a few pages) Let the wild rumpus start! ::turns the page::
Cooper: Ooogh, Ooogh, Oooogh! (copying the sound I used to make to let him know they are dancing under the moon)
Me: (read a few pages) And into the night of his very own room where he found his supper waiting for him...and it is still hot.
Cooper: Hawww, hawww! ::blows air out of his mouth like he's blowing on hot food::
Honestly, I LOVE this age.
No comments:
Post a Comment