Thursday, November 19, 2009

Relaxation

I went out to the field today and it was so nice to be out in the fresh air.  The boat ride was great it was a nice 20 min of relaxation watching the birds on the water enjoying the day.  And now I’m on vacation (even though I have about 4 hours of work to do over a couple days next week).  I’m looking forward to relaxing before the holiday.

Charlotte had her first day of speech therapy today.  Chris said the therapist just played with both of the kids for an hour.  She said it would be that way for a couple weeks until Charlotte felt comfortable enough to go to a separate room with her.  She has therapy next Monday and next Wednesday, then every Wednesday and Thursday after that.  Each session is an hour.  We’re very happy we are able to get her help and even more excited and the possibility of her progressing quickly.  It breaks our hearts to see her so frustrated not being able to say much, especially because she understands so much.

I wasn’t able to do yoga tonight.  There is way too much ab stretching and twisting, and since my abs still aren’t 100% (see here for why), I have to be patient and be very careful so I don’t hurt myself.  I’ve seen some progress and now I have about a 2 finger gap instead of a 3 finger gap.  Tonight I did the Stretch workout, and although it was great stretching, it wasn’t much of a workout.  I plan to use my prenatal yoga and Pilates videos to work on my core, balance, and flexibility while still protecting my abs.  I have to modify the ab workout for P90X, but only slightly since I can’t do any upper ab work, only lower abs.  I’m hoping I can get to a 1 or 1.5 finger separation.

Okay, I’m off to spend time with Chris.  We spend Thursday and Sunday evenings together watching movies or tv, playing games, or talking.  Sort of like mini-date nights.

No comments: